These days, security is important to all of us.
At Berkshire Bank, we want to make it as easy as possible to open an account. But in an age of identity theft awareness and heightened national security, we're required to take steps to confirm the identity of each potential customer. So we'll ask you for a primary source of identification from the list below. If that's unavailable, we will accept two of the listed secondary ID sources. One must contain a photograph.
Acceptable Primary Sources of Identification
- US driver’s license (in or out-of-state)
- US passport
- Firearms identification card
- US Armed Forces identification
- Identification issued by a state agency (e.g., Registry of Motor Vehicles)
- Passport with valid I-94 or I551 card or stamp
Acceptable Secondary Sources of identification
- US passport card
- Public assistance ID
- Alien registration card
- Permanent resident card
- US employment authorization card
- Voter registration card
- Student ID (Minors Only)
- Health insurance card
- Utility bill
- Property tax bill
- Firearms license
- Certificate of citizenship or naturalization
- Two secondary sources of identification may be used if a primary source of identification is not available. One must contain a photograph.
- A foreign driver’s license or Matricula Consular de Alta Seguridad (MCAS) (Consular Identification Card) (Mexico) is not an acceptable source of ID.
- Any ID that is expired will not be accepted for any reason.