We'll keep a close eye out for anything unusual
These days, you never know who might be trying to access your accounts. And so Berkshire Bank's Fraud Services Team provides around-the-clock monitoring of debit card use. If we spot something suspicious, we'll take steps to protect your account and get in touch with you to make sure everything is OK.
- We monitor your account and look for "out of the ordinary" transactions
- If you plan to use your debit card while traveling or are planning any "out of the ordinary" purchases, please call our Customer Call Center at 800-773-5601 Monday through Friday between 7 am and 7 pm or Saturdays between 8:30 am and 2 pm
- Our Fraud Prevention Services Team may at times block certain states, countries or merchant types if there has been an increase in reported fraudulent activity in those locations.
- If you have trouble using your card in a signature-based transaction, you should be able to complete it using your PIN.
- Monitor your accounts using Online Banking or review your monthly statement on a regular basis. Notify us immediately if you discover any suspicious activity.
- Our SecurLOCK Communication is our promise to alert you almost instantly if we notice any unusual activity on your cards.
MasterCard® SecureCode™ makes it easy to enjoy shopping on the Internet! There's no downloading, no software, no cost - just state-of-the-art security.
Once you've registered and created a SecureCode, each time you make an online purchase at a participating merchant, a window will pop up asking for your SecureCode, just like using a PIN at the ATM. When you correctly enter your SecureCode, your card issuer confirms that you are the authorized cardholder and your purchase is completed.
To register, just have your Berkshire Bank MasterCard® debit card handy and click on the Register Now link above. In just a few steps and about as many minutes, you'll be registered and ready to shop.
Debit Card Alerts*
You can arrange for Berkshire Bank to send you a text message or email if we notice unusual activity on your debit card. These messages can alert you to possible fraudulent activity on your account. The following types of messages are available. You can sign up for one or more:
- Transaction at or above a certain dollar amount processed
- Card transaction declined
- Card status changed
- International transaction processed
- Out-of-state transition processed
- Card not present transaction processed