Within reason, we'll make sure your payments go through.
No one likes the frustration or hassle of having checking account payments or debit card purchases denied due to insufficient funds. If you try to withdraw more than you have in your Berkshire Bank checking account, and your account is in good standing, we'll usually cover your overdraft. You'll pay a fee, but not as much as a merchant might charge. And you'll be spared the embarrassment of a bounced check.
- Get protection for ATM transactions and non-recurring debit card and point-of-sale transactions.
- Avoid the hassle and expense of a returned check.
- Receive payment of your overdrafts up to $750 for personal checking accounts and $1,500 for business checking.
- We charge $36 for each overdraft we pay.
- We request that you restore a positive account balance as quickly as possible.
- A continuous overdraft fee of $35 will be imposed every five business days until your account balance is again positive.
- Berkshire Bank is not promising to always pay your overdrafts with this discretionary service. Not all accounts are eligible, and some restrictions apply.
- For more information, read our Courtesy Pay disclosure.